Aug 14, 2007

product review: Ian's nuggets

I really wanted to say good things about these nuggets, but alas reviews are not always raves, nor are raves always reviews.

I will not give up. We will keep trying different Ian's products, hoping for the best. Ian's has the right idea: all natural, no artificial anything, hormone and hydrogenated fat free. Ian captures the heart of eating healthy; my hope is that the flavors will eventually capture our heart, too.

If you DO love Ian's food, you can order their products right online; hey, at least they are aiming to replace the bad version of frozen food.

Ian's chicken nuggets & Ian's wheat/gluten free chicken nuggets: My boys and I tried these, twice. We tried the wheat and gluten free version, and the standard Ian chicken nuggets. The first time my boys ate them, they only ate 1-2 and claimed they tasted like dry bread with some semblance of chicken flavor. The second time we tried the nuggets, we achieved one, disappointed bite.

Sorry, Ian, we tried! Wish they would've been more of a hit, but for our family they didn't make the grade.
These nuggets will never again see the inside of my freezer. Not bagable.**

I think next time we will try the fish sticks.


**Rated on a Bagable Scale: Not---Possibly---Probably---Easily---Absolutely

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your timing on this review is quite impeccable! The day after the post a recall on their turkey dogs ensued. Not of major concern to you or your family, but some milk not listed on the ingredient list. An obvious problem for their major special diet audience. Thanks for the review!

Anonymous said...

I've never tried the chicken, but my son does like the fish sticks, so maybe they'll get a better review in your house too!

janelle said...

alisa: yikes, yes. I really do wish them luck...

anonymous: I look forward to trying the fish sticks; glad to hear you like them!

Related Posts with Thumbnails